Nothing says fall like boots and pumpkin! So I’ll throw on a pair of boots while eating this delicious and easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe with Crumb Topping! The streusel crumb topping gives this pumpkin bread a bit of an extra crunch and texture to really satisfy those pumpkin cravings. Serve with a cup of hot chocolate (or coffee), and you’re golden.
Easy Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping Recipe
This easy Pumpkin Bread with Crumb Topping recipe makes two 8 x 4 Bread Pans, so it’s perfect for sharing. Drop off a loaf at a friend or neighbor’s house to brighten their day. If you want something a little fancier with pumpkin then this Layered Pumpkin Cake is for you!
Pumpkin Bread Toppings
If streussel topping on pumpkin bread is not your favorite, then you can also top pumpkin bread with chocolate chips, maple glaze, cinnamon glaze, or leave it as is!
Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
3 1/3 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canola oil
4 large eggs
1 15oz can pumpkin puree
2/3 cup water
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pumpkin Bread Crumb Topping Ingredients
½ cup cold butter, cubed
½ cup light brown sugar
¾ cup flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pumpkin Bread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease two 8×4 bread pans.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and ginger together.
- Add in granulated sugar and brown sugar; mix until combined.
- Make a well in the center and add in the oil. Mix just until the oil is combined.
- Add in the eggs, 2 at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, water and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Divide the batter between the two bread pans. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon together. Cut in the butter with a fork or pastry cutter and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over both batters.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Keep an eye on the bread so it doesn’t overbake.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing loaves from the pans, placing them on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Slice, serve and enjoy! If you’re feeling adventurous, next time add some chocolate chips, but I don’t think this Pumpkin Bread Recipe needs it, because of the crumb topping. It’s a perfect balance of textures!