Mister Rogers has often been called a hero, and it’s that story that has inspired the movie, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. While the main character isn’t necessarily Fred Rogers, he does inspire with his words. Here are the best A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood quotes from Mister Rogers in the film. These Mister Rogers quotes will surely make us all better humans.
10 Best A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood Quotes by Mr. Rogers
These are my favorite quotes from Mister Rogers (aka Fred Rogers) in the movie A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood about forgiveness, kindness, love, making an impact on the world, and even death.
1. Mister Rogers: “Do you know what forgiveness means? It’s a decision we make to release a person from the feelings of anger we have against them.”
2. Mister Rogers: “It’s funny. Sometimes it’s hardest to forgive the ones we love.”
3. Mister Rogers: “Sometimes we get to change a broken world with our words.”
4. Mister Rogers: “Just take a minute and think about all the people who loved us into being.”
5. Mister Rogers: “There’s always something you can do with the mad you feel.”
6. Mister Rogers: “Children need to know that even when adults make plans, sometimes they don’t turn out as they hoped.”
7. Mister Rogers: [When talking about his show] “We are trying to give children positive ways to deal with their feelings.”
8. Mister Rogers: [About death] “To die is human and anything human is mentionable. Anything mentionable is manageable.”
9. Mister Rogers: “Sometimes we have to ask for help, and that’s ok.”
10. Mister Rogers: “I like you just the way you are.”
I hope these Mr. Rogers quotes have lifted you up if you’re having a bad day, if you’re mad at someone, or even just mad at yourself. In A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Mister Rogers also said there are many ways to deal with our feelings like pounding a ball of clay, swimming as fast as you can, or playing the lowest keys on the piano. Hopefully we can use these methods the next time we have feelings to deal with and try the Mister Rogers way.
What is A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood About?
A journalist’s life is enriched by friendship when he takes on an assignment profiling Fred Rogers. Based on the real-life friendship between journalist Tom Junod and television star Fred Rogers.
For more movie quotes: