Many people have school or work off for Thanksgiving. To build up morale, here are some Thanksgiving Spirit Week Ideas for school and for work. You don’t just have to be in elementary school to have fun!
Thanksgiving Spirit Week Ideas
Hosting a Thanksgiving-themed spirit week can be a fun and festive way to build excitement and community spirit. Here are some creative ideas for each day of your Thanksgiving Spirit Week:
- Monday – Gratitude Day: Encourage everyone to start the week by expressing gratitude. Have students and staff write down things they are thankful for on colorful paper leaves and create a “Gratitude Tree” in a common area.
- Tuesday – Harvest Day: Embrace the harvest theme by having everyone dress in fall colors or as their favorite fruits and vegetables. Consider organizing a small farmers’ market or a “harvest festival” during lunch or after school with autumn treats.
- Wednesday – Family & Friends Day: Invite everyone to celebrate togetherness by dressing up as a family member or a friend. This can be a creative and heartwarming way for students and staff to connect and share their unique personalities.
- Thursday – Turkey Trot or Fitness Day: Encourage physical activity by organizing a “Turkey Trot” fun run or a day dedicated to fitness activities. Participants can wear workout gear or costumes related to different sports.
- Friday – Feast Day: End the week on a delicious note with a “Feast Day.” Encourage everyone to wear clothing with food-related themes, like shirts with Thanksgiving dishes or hats shaped like turkeys. Consider organizing a potluck or a school-wide feast during lunch.
Here are some other spirit week ideas for Thanksgiving:
- Memory Monday – Share your favorite holiday memory. Bring in a picture or drawing.
- Turkey Trot Tuesday – Wear comfortable clothes for a turkey trot around the school or in the gym.
- Welcome Wednesday -Bring in board games to welcome your friends to play games with you.
- Thankful Thursday – Write down what you are thankful for or make a card for someone to share.
- Feast Friday – Bring in favorite treats to share.
If you want a more casual spirit week, then here are some fun dress up ideas:
- Pajama Day
- Favorite Sports Team Jersey Day
- Wear a funny holiday costume
- Twin day – Dress like your school or work bestie
- College Day – Wear your favorite college’s apparel for team spirit.
- Dress like your favorite teacher or boss
- Hat Day – Anybody have a turkey hat?
For more Thanksgiving Ideas: