Veterans Day is November 11, 2023. These inspirational Veterans Day quotes honor and express gratitude for the brave men and women who have served in the armed forces.
Veterans Day Quotes to Honor Veterans
Share these Veterans Day quotes to reflect the bravery, sacrifice, and dedication of our veterans and the importance of showing gratitude for their service on Veterans Day and every day.
You can also share these respectful Veterans Day Memes.
- “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated.” – George Washington
- “The hero is the man dedicated to the creation and / or defense of reality-conforming, life-promoting values.” – Andrew Bernstein
- “To us in America, the reflections of Armistice Day will be filled with solemn pride in the heroism of those who died in the country’s service and with gratitude for the victory, both because of the thing from which it has freed us and because of the opportunity it has given America to show her sympathy with peace and justice in the councils of the nations…” – Woodrow Wilson
- “The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.” – Patrick Henry
- “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.” – Bill Shuster
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “The willingness of America’s veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude.” – Jeff Miller
- “America’s veterans embody the ideals upon which America was founded more than 229 years ago.” – Steve Buyer
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “Freedom makes a huge requirement of every human being. With freedom comes responsibility.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave.” – Elmer Davis
- “The battle of Iwo Jima has been won. Among the Americans who served on Iwo Island, uncommon valor was a common virtue.” – Chester W. Nimitz
- “In the face of impossible odds, people who love this country can change it.” – Barack Obama
- “Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause.” – Abraham Lincoln
What to Say to Thank a Veteran
When expressing your gratitude to a veteran, it’s essential to be respectful and sincere. For some, it may not be a happy day, but we can show our appreciation for veterans. Here are some things you can say to thank a veteran if you don’t quite have the words.
- “Thank you for your service.” This simple phrase is a sincere and direct way to express your appreciation.
- “I’m grateful for your sacrifice and dedication to our country.”
- “Thinking of you on this day.”
- “Your service means a lot to me and our nation. Thank you.”
- “I appreciate the sacrifices you and your family have made for our freedom.”
- “You are a hero in my eyes, and I’m thankful for your service.”
- “Our country is better because of people like you who have served.”
- “I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done for our country.”
- “Your commitment to defending our freedom is truly admirable.”
- “I’m proud to know a veteran like you. Thank you for your service.”
- “Your bravery and sacrifice have not gone unnoticed. Thank you.”
- “You’ve given so much for our country, and I’m grateful for your service.”
- “I want you to know that your service is deeply appreciated.”
- “The freedom we enjoy today is thanks to people like you.”
- “Your dedication to our country is an inspiration to us all.”
- “Thank you for your selflessness and commitment to our nation.”