This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BackToSchoolReady#CollectiveBias
Amigos, I have such a love/hate relationship with back to school time. Truthfully, I can’t wait for my kids to go to school, but it’s bittersweet, because I miss them when they’re gone. Being raised by a Latina mom, she always taught me the importance of familia. Family always came first. And you always knew.
My mami was a stay-at-home mom, she cooked dinner for us every night, she was there for every game, baked us treats, she lived for her children. Even when I got married, and I had left for my honeymoon already, my friends stayed at my parent’s house. My mom was up at 4 a.m. cooking everyone a home-cooked breakfast for those with early flights. She is the ultimate mamá.
I want to be the same kind of mom, but I’m also different. I’m a work-from-home mom. My time is limited, but my love and loyalty to mis hijas is the same. One of my children’s love languages is snacks. They love when I bake for them. So I try to have snacks waiting for them when they get home from school, because they are HUNGRY after all that brain work. It shows them I’m thinking of them while they’re at school.
OUTSHINE® Fruit Bars are always an easy, yummy after-school snack, especially on a hot day. I’m in love with the flavors like Mango and Coconut. It’s fun to mix it up.
Dulce de leche was a favorite treat growing up. My mom had a short cut way to make it. Boil a can of condensed milk. That’s it. Easy peasy. I would eat it out of the can with a spoon or my mom would make alfajores, a popular South American cookie with dulce de leche. I’m trying to pass on flavors that I grew up with, so I bake my kids one of their favorite recipes – Salted Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars. I need easy, and these are simple to make with 3 ingredients, but take a little longer, because you need to prep the dulce de leche.
Salted Dulce de Leche Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- 2 packages Refrigerated TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Sea Salt
- Boil can of condensed milk for 3 hours. Let can cool off. It will be dulce de leche when cool!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom of 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray or grease pan.
- Press 3/4 package of TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough in pan.
- Pour Dulce de Leche over cookie dough in pan.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top of dulce de leche.
- Use another 1/2 package to 3/4 package of TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough to cover dulce de leche.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until middle has set and edges are brown.
- Sprinkle more sea salt on top when you remove pan from oven.
Let bars cool. I usually put them in the refrigerator to cool or else they’ll be extremely gooey, which is not a bad thing depending on your taste preferences. My kids adore them either way. I usually have some leftover cookie dough that I make regular chocolate chip cookies with that we can share with friends. I don’t use entire packages for each layer, because then the cookie layers tend to be too thick, and don’t cook as well.
These back to school snacks can be found at your local Walmart. Check your refrigerated and frozen food sections. Thank goodness for Nestlé products, because my kids think I’m some amazing chef, and they make my life easier. ¡Gracias, Nestlé!
From July 25 to September 15, when you purchase any two (2) 30 oz. or larger Stouffers products and at least one (1) refrigerated Tollhouse cookie dough product at a participating Walmart store you can get a $5 Walmart egift card! Check out the dates and complete rules to find out how HERE!!
- Step 1 – Purchase products
- Step 2 – Take a photo of your receipt, the image must be clear and legible, with the purchase date included and showing the qualified purchase.
- Step 3 – Text NESTLEFAMILY to 35350
- Step 4 – Once confirming you want to participate by responding ‘YES’, you will be prompted to send the image of your receipt
May the snacks be ever in your flavor this back to school season! Check out Nestlé Flavorful Moments Pinterest Board for more ideas!