Have you seen the Barbie movie? It’s breaking all kinds of records and making people feel some kind of way. Enjoy these Barbie movie quotes from Ken, Barbie, Allan, Weird Barbie, Gloria, and more! Bring on the KENergy!
The Best Barbie Movie Quotes
To live in Barbieland is to be a perfect being in a perfect place. Unless you have a full-on existential crisis. Or you’re a Ken. These Barbie movie quotes are emotional and funny. You get the best of both worlds. You can also use these powerful quotes from the Barbie movie on Instagram.
When Stereotypical Barbie starts to have thoughts about death and get flat feet (gasp!), she must visit Weird Barbie to figure out what’s wrong. She has to go to the real world to fix things, but soon realizes that Barbies really didn’t change the world for the better like she’d always believed.
Plus read Gloria’s epic monologue and speech in Barbie below.
Did I miss any of your favorite Barbie movie quotes? Drop them in the comments.
- Barbie changed everything. Then she changed it all again. -Narrator
- She may have started out as a lady in a bathing suit, but she became so much more. -Narrator
- She has her own money, her own house, her own car, her own career. -Narrator
- I will beach you both off. -Ken
- I don’t have anything big planned. Just a giant blowout party with all the Barbies, and planned choreography, and a bespoke song. You should stop by. -Barbie
- It is the best day ever. So was yesterday, and so is tomorrow, and every day from now until forever. -Barbie
- All of these women are Barbie and Barbie is all of these women.
- Because Barbie can be anything, women can be anything and this has been reflected back on the little girls of today in the real world. -Narrator
- Girls can grow into women and achieve anything and everything they set their mind to. Thanks to Barbie all problems of feminism and equal rights have been solved. At least that’s what the Barbies think. -Narrator
- What can’t Barbie do? -Narrator
- Barbie has a great day every day, but Ken only has a great day if Barbie looks at him. -Narrator
- If I wasn’t severely injured, I would beach you off right now, Ken. -Ken
- I will beach both of you off at the same time. -Ken
- No one’s gonna beach anyone off. -Barbie
- Every night’s girls night…forever and ever. -Barbie
- I would never wear heels if my feet were shaped this way.-Barbie
- There are no multiples of Allan. He’s just Allan. -Narrator
- We fixed everything in the real world so all women are happy and powerful. -Barbie
- Playing with me? -Barbie
We’re all getting played with. -Weird Barbie
- Don’t blame me. Blame Mattel, they make all the rules. -Weird Barbie
- I’m not Adventure Barbie, I’m Stereotypical Barbie! -Barbie
- You can go back to your regular life, and forget any of this ever happened. Or you can know the truth about the universe. -Weird Barbie
- That’s cellulite. It starts spreading everywhere, and then you’re gonna start getting sad and mushy and complicated. -Weird Barbie quotes
- Everything is almost like reversed here. -Barbie quotes from Barbie movie
More Quotes from the Barbie Movie
- We sell dreams and imagination and sparkle. -CEO of Mattel
- Come into my weird house. Hi! I’m Weird Barbie. I can do the splits. I have a funky haircut and I smell like basement. -Weird Barbie
- Actually my job, it’s just Beach. -Ken
- Ken just isn’t something we’re worried about…ever. -CEO of Mattel
- Just having some brewsky beer at my Mojo Dojo Casa House -Ken
- You can stay if you want as my bride wife or my long term low commitment distance girlfriend. -Ken
- I’m a man with no power. Does that make me a woman? -Arron
- The real world is forever and irrevocably messed up. -Barbie
- I’m bummer. You’re a bummer. That’s a bummer. -Weird Barbie
- Now that you barbies aren’t here to run everything we can do our hair however we like. -Ken
- Horses are just men extenders. -Ken quotes Barbie Movie
- Here I’m just a dude and you know what? That’s enough. -Ken
- That’s life. It’s all change. -Gloria
- It is literally impossible to be a woman. -Gloria
- We just took patriarchy and turned it patriarchy. -Ken
- You guys are not doing patriarchy very well. -Ken
- Don’t question it, just roll with it tiny baby. -Ken
Don’t call me baby. -Barbie
What about mini baby? -Ken
- Humans only have one ending. Ideas live forever. -Ruth
- Ken, you have to figure out who you are without me. -Barbie
- Maybe it’s Barbie and it’s Ken. -Barbie
- We mothers stand still so our daughters can look back to see how far they’ve come. -Ruth
- You’re so beautiful. -Barbie
- You failed me. -Ken
- One lady, she even asked me for the time. -Ken
- This is about little girls and their dreams in the least creepy way possible. -CEO of Mattel
- When I found out the patriarchy wasn’t about horses, I lost interest anyway. -Ken quotes in Barbie
- I created you so you wouldn’t have an ending. -Ruth
- I want to be a part of the people that make meaning, not the thing that’s made. -Barbie
- I want to do the imagining, I don’t want to be the idea. -Barbie
- I always knew that Barbie would surprise me, but I never imagined this. -Ruth
- I can’t control you any more than I could control my own daughter. -Ruth
- You understand that humans only have one ending. Ideas live forever. Humans not so much. -Ruth
- I am Kenough. -Ken
Gloria’s Speech in the Barbie Movie
When America Ferrera delivered this monologue as Gloria in the Barbie Movie, the whole theater clapped. Many women can relate.
“It is literally impossible to be a woman. You are so beautiful and so smart, and it kills me that you don’t think you’re good enough. Like we have to always be extraordinary, but somehow we’re always doing it wrong.
You have to be thin, but not too thin. And you can never say you want to be thin. You have to say you want to be healthy, but also you have to be thin. You have to have money, but you can’t ask for money, because that’s crass. You have to be a boss, but you can’t be mean. You have to lead, but you can’t squash other people’s ideas.
You’re supposed to love being a mother, but don’t talk about your kids all the damn time. You have to be a career woman, but also always be looking out for other people. You have to answer for men’s bad behavior, which is insane, but if you point that out, you’re accused of complaining.
You’re supposed to stay pretty for men, but not so pretty that you tempt them too much or that you threaten other women because you’re supposed to be a part of the sisterhood. But always stand out and always be grateful. But never forget that the system is rigged. So find a way to acknowledge that but also always be grateful.
You have to never get old, never be rude, never show off, never be selfish, never fall down, never fail, never show fear, never get out of line. It’s too hard!
It’s too contradictory and nobody gives you a medal or says thank you! And it turns out in fact that not only are you doing everything wrong, but also everything is your fault.
I’m just so tired of watching myself and every single other woman tie herself into knots so that people will like us. And if all of that is also true for a doll just representing a woman, then I don’t even know.” -Gloria