STARGIRL on Disney+ is a coming of age movie perfect for teens and tweens. It is different from the book, but still has some insightful and funny quotes. Here are 20 of the best movie quotes from Stargirl on Disney+ to inspire you, make you think or laugh, and to brighten your day.
20 Stargirl Movie Quotes on Disney Plus
Stargirl Caraway was special. She made an impact on Mica, AZ in Disney+’s Stargirl. Here are 20 of my favorite quotes from Stargirl, including Stargirl’s entire speech towards the end of the film. It really made me think about slowing things down, especially now. Have you ever seen a flower grow?
20. After all nothing ever happened here. Nothing at all. -Leo
19. Who would take the time for someone they don’t even know? And the time to learn and grow when they did something wrong? And even though I couldn’t find her, she still found a way, every now and then to find me. -Leo
18. But whoever it was, they made sure that for one moment every year, I couldn’t forget who I was. -Leo
17. Back to my 16th birthday. Back to the first time I saw her. Back to when there more questions than answers. And I didn’t know what I didn’t know. -Leo
16. Why Stargirl? -Kevin
We’re made from the dust of dead stars. -Stargirl
15. Imagine being popular for doing absolutely nothing. -Kevin
They’re popular, because they’re beautiful. -Tess
Yeah, Tess, that’s not something you do. -Kevin
14. Just promise me you won’t be one of those guys who stops hanging out with his friends once he has a girlfriend. -Kevin
She doesn’t like me. -Leo
But she does. -Kevin
13. I never met someone more invested in learning everything about everything. -Archie
12. She’s being raised by a solo superhero much like your mom. -Archie
11. Were you ever afraid of what people thought of you when you were my age? Like to the point where you did things you wish you didn’t do? -Leo
You just described being a teenager. -Leo’s mom
10. Until that night I had always thought mud frogs were an odd choice for a mascot. You see, mud frogs spend most of their time sleeping. They sleep at the bottom of dry ponds in the desert, buried in mud for months. They do this when there’s no food or water. And then, one day, the rain comes. And just like that, they’re awake. We were the mud frogs and we always had been. We were just waiting for it to rain. -Leo
9. Don’t you want the Universe to hear you? -Stargirl
8. Have you ever done nothing, Leo?
My mom thinks I do it all the time. -Stargirl
7. There’s no trick. You’ll find your own way. – Stargirl
6. It’s cool that a song can be about whoever you want it to be about. It doesn’t matter what the words say. -Leo
5. Maybe that’s all she was doing. Maybe she was just helping someone else get back up. -Kevin
4. You think things have to be real or magic, but the best things are both. -Archie
3. Figuring out who we are is probably the one thing no one else can do for us. -Leo’s Mom
2. People aren’t happy because they win. They win because they’re happy. -Stargirl
Stargirl’s Final Speech
1. I don’t know why I do a lot of things lately. I bet you find that, too, right? And it’s because we don’t think. We just do. We don’t take a step back and process. Everything’s so instant these days. How can we? Dinner in minutes. A thousand photographs in one burst. You have to “like” something this second. You have to know how you feel about everything. You can’t be unsure or confused or change your mind. There’s no time to figure out who you are. You have to know right now.
Have you ever seen a flower grow? I mean of course not. It’s nearly impossible to wait for anything that takes that long. But if you did, it would change you. It would slow you down. It would remind you that real things take time. And it’s magic, too, isn’t it? I mean so are 1,000 photographs in one burst. But a flower. You plant a seed in the ground and a whole world develops and stretches out and opens up. It’s easy to get confused when we’re moving so fast and to think we’re doing the right thing when really we’re not. But if we’re lucky we could find a balance. We could take a step back. We could take a breath. The next time that you see a flower sticking up out of the ground or in a vase, just remember that part of what makes it beautiful is how long it took to grow. -Stargirl
Did I miss any of your favorite quotes from Stargirl? Drop them in the comments below! Also check out my Stargirl Parent Movie Review.