The Minnie Van Service is back at Walt Disney World Resort! I’ve seen those red and white vehicles while driving around Walt Disney World property, and it’s a wonderful sight! They’re cute, but are Minnie Vans worth the cost? All you need to know about Minnie Vans at Disney World and how you can ride the Minnie Vans using the Lyft App.
What You Need to Know About the Minnie Vans at Walt Disney World Resort
- Guests can only use the Minnie Van Service while on Walt Disney World Resort property using the Lyft app.
- Currently there is no service to and from Orlando International Airport.
- The Minnie Vans can carry up to 6 passengers.
- Minnie Vans are Disney-owned and are a Disney-operated vehicle that are driven by a Cast Member. So if you’ve been hesitant to use Lyft or Uber for safety concerns, these vehicles are driven by Cast Members.
These adorably themed vans are easy to spot, and there are chargers in the vehicles if you need to recharge. Guests can travel to and from Disney World hotels, theme parks, and Disney Springs.
How Can You Ride a Minnie Van at Disney World?
The Minnie Van service ONLY works with the Lyft app. Sorry, Uber.
- Open the Lyft app within Walt Disney World Resort, and enter your destination. Double check your location, so you’re requesting the correct pickup location.
- Confirm your pickup location and tap “Select Minnie Van”. If the Minnie Van service doesn’t immediately display, scroll through vehicle type options until it appears.
- Track your vehicle on a map provided by the app. You’ll also see the vehicle number on the back to help you spot your car. The vehicles look alike, so double check your car number.
If you don’t see the Minnie Van option, then one may not be available. Do not select another car if you’re hoping to get a Minnie Van.
Are Minnie Vans Accessible?
If you need an accessible Minnie Van, then you can select that option. Accessible Minnie Vans include seating for 4, space for 2 wheelchairs and 1 car seat. Here’s how you can select an Accessible Minnie Van.
- Open the Lyft app within Walt Disney World Resort, and enter your destination.
- Confirm your pickup location and tap “Select Access. Minnie Van”(short for “Accessible Minnie Van”). If accessible Minnie Van service doesn’t immediately display, scroll through vehicle type options until it appears.
- Track your vehicle’s progress on a map provided by the app. You’ll see the vehicle number to help you spot your car.
How Much Do Minnie Vans Cost at Disney?
A ride in a Minnie Van at Disney can cost around $30-$40 on average, and even more depending on the distance traveled. You can see the total cost on the Lyft app prior to requesting the service.
Here are some Minnie Van costs with some sample routes:
For example, this route was from the back of Magic Kingdom (next to Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort) to Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort around 9:30 p.m. The total cost was $49.35 for a Minnie Van. You can see that a Lyft XL was almost $30 cheaper.
This route from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort to Magic Kingdom was $26.58.
A request from Disney’s Beach Club Resort to Epcot was $31.46. And a request from Disney’s Beach Club Resort to Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa was $39.26.
Sometimes, regular Lyfts were half the price, sometimes they were 1/3 of the price, and other times they were only $7 cheaper. You can see the comparison of prices prior to making your decision on whether to request a Minnie Van.
The cost varies based on distance traveled from pickup location to requested destination within Walt Disney World Resort
Note: Standard Lyft cancellation and no-show fees may apply.
Do Minnie Vans Have Car Seats?
The Minnie Vans include up to 2 complimentary child seats if needed, and they are required for children under 6 years of age.
When Can I Use the Minnie Van Service?
The hours of operation for the Minnie Van Service is 6:30 AM to 12:30 AM Daily. Hours of operation are subject to change.
So you can use this service for park openings, to get to resort dining reservations for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and even some park closings, depending on the hours. You can also go to Disney Springs.
Are Minnie Vans Worth The Cost?
Minnie Vans are definitely going to be pricier, but for car seats, and peace of mind, that’s worth it to many people. A Minnie Van bonus is that if you are being picked up and dropped off at Walt Disney World Theme Parks, there is a Minnie Van section at the front of the parks, so less walking in the heat. You’ll be able to choose different drop off zones.
Also, a Minnie Van can be worth it after Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party when the crowds at night are crazy or when you have toddlers at Disney World and need a faster ride to your Disney hotel.
Also, sometimes the bus service is not the best at Walt Disney World, and if you’re running late for a dining reservation where you have to transfer at a park, then you know it can take an hour+ sometimes. Or if you have a Virtual Queue reservation for Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, you don’t want to miss that!
The service itself is wonderful. The Cast Members are delightful, they are full of knowledge, and the vehicles are clean and comfy. The obvious con is the price. But if you can afford it, the convenience may be worth it to many. Plus the Minnie Vans are just so dang cute.