Incredibles 2 was a big success in the theaters! Now you can own the Incredibles 2 Blu-ray and DVD in your own home. Also, one of my all-time favorite characters is the fashionista, Edna Mode. I have an easy DIY Edna Mode costume just for you! You can make it in less than 30 minutes, darlings.
DIY Edna Mode Costume
If you’re going to be Edna Mode, then the first thing you need is a wig, unless you have a natural, amazing bob. Next, for your DIY Edna Mode costume are her signature round glasses. Click was kind enough to send me an Incredibles 2 Halloween package complete with this Edna wig set.
Next, is a black dress. Any short length black dress will do. I had a shift dress I used as a swim cover up. To make a red v-neck, I used red Duck Tape. You can use ribbon, too.
If you want to add some extra oomph, then Edna Mode has amazing textured sleeves. To make them, I bought a couple pieces of black felt from the craft store. I then cut them into squares and cut those squares into triangles. I then hot glued them onto the sleeves and layered them on top of each other. Sometimes I layered three triangles across and in the row below, two triangles.
You can use whatever pattern you think looks best or is easiest. I added black tights, and voila, an easy DIY Edna Mode costume! Yell “No capes!” on occasion for authenticity.
Incredibles 2 Halloween
To catch more Edna Mode, pick up your own copy of Incredibles 2 on Blu-ray and DVD! The Incredibles are a family favorite, so my daughter loves to dress like Violet!
My girls also decorated some pumpkins Incredibles 2 style. I let them go crazy with Sharpies and stickers!
INCREDIBLES 2 BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES
Here’s all the extras you can expect on the Incredibles 2 Blu-ray Bonus Features! Also don’t forget about Bao, the Pixar Short that premiered before Incredibles 2.
Incredibles 2 Digital Exclusives
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Incredibles 2 Blu-ray and DVD Bonus Features
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator) and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots , Toolkit Montage and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
Incredibles 2 for Kids
Incredibles 2 is on Blu-ray and DVD November 6th and on digital now! There were some things in Incredibles 2 that concerned me for kids, so usually I recommend it on a smaller screen if your children are sensitive to scary and tense situations. Check out my ‘Is Incredibles 2 kid friendly‘ review!